Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Homemade baby toys...

I read something on babycentre recently(http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/development/letsplay/2months1stweek/) about games you can play with your newborn.

So we made a hanging ball (G Kisby calls it her cat toy) for above her nappy change and she absolutely loves it.

My NCT friend Gill then gave me a great idea of using a 'thermal emergency blanket' to create a multi sensory learning experience, which again was a huge success. She loved the noise it made when she moved her arms and legs and was mesmorised by the reflection of light. So as not to furnish our front room with a large silver blanket I have now folded it up and put it under her usual play mat so it still makes a nice crunchy noise when she kicks. 

Notably this one needed some supervision since she tries to get everything in her mouth.

This got me thinking...what else could I make (or improvise) into a baby toy with a little bit of creativity. Not only would this save money but Mabel appears to enjoy her cat toy as much, if not more, than some of the other things we have bought.

[0774.jpg]I gained some inspiration from http://craftycupboard.blogspot.com/2011/03/monster-baby-toy.html who provide an online tutorial on how to make this monster toy. I'll be making my own shortly.

So I am going to do more research and get making, don't fear G Kisby will be around to approve any of my plans before they are launched to Mabel, I am well aware that common sense (health and safety?) is not my strong point.

Any ideas or home made contributions to her toy collection welcome...

5 comments:

  1. oooh yes...get G Kisby to check. You have the best ideas but worried about things like pins being left in!
    Nice post - have you joined the mummy blogger thingy?
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u
    baby toys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how cute..!!!
    I have been looking for these types of friendly things.
    Really liked your post.
    Home made collections can be fun ha..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.Keep on continuing with this.Also visit my site baby shop Welcome to babyandmumstore where you can shop for many of your baby and kids clothing and accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably why parents are increasingly turning to online kids toys stores to get kids toys for their kids. After the upgrade of online toys stores to the e-commerce there is probably no better place to look for kids toys.

    Online Toys Shopping | Buy Kids Toys | Toys Shop India

    ReplyDelete

Ooh I do love to read your comments, thank you x